Monday, February 28, 2011

Millbrook Winter Riders

On Thursday, the last day of riding with the school, I realized I had my camera in my pocket.  You may wonder while this realization resulted in so relatively few photos, but I had to get on my horse, and Wellington is not as easy to ride while shooting as EZ is. 


I have ordered (as a teacher, you get to order) the kids to put the bridles on their horses.  You can tell in the background that this is still only being contemplated (that's the thing with ordering, you can't guarantee fulfillment).


But the little kiddies do you usually get around to doing it, here the throatlatch has successfully been identified on Pal.  Pal is a great teachers for the beginners, although he has very bossy grand manners.


Like that.  




All around, sometimes these horses are tricky to keep a hold of.







But once you got them, you best hold on!




Both children and horses can occasionally be a bit camera shy, unfortunately.  Although others are complete hams, need I remind you of this:


Winter is the longest sports season, and with the weather this was a particularly rough one, but still it seemed to go by pretty quickly.  After a few weeks of spring break, we'll be back for more, different kids, but same deal.  We want to try to have a little show at the end of the season, give us something concrete to accomplish--other than being able to bridle your horse on command, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment