Saturday, February 12, 2011

EZ Dollar Superstar

Just got back from the show.  Spent a literal 12 hours today with EZboy, which was pretty glorious.  He was super incredible, acted like he had done it all a million times.


I took only 2 photos the entire long day we spent together.  I was too much of a basket case.  But, here is his cute little professional looking head, chilling in the trailer like it ain't no thing.  (and he doesn't actually have two noses, his neighbor has a twinny bay thoroughbred nose)


And dad is a show dad from way back.  Cup of coffee in one hand, horse in the other.  We did a lot of this--the standing.  After I warmed up over the fences when we first got up to the ring Ronan and I both agreed that we were already satisfied.  EZ was just the bomb.  Went over everything, didn't bat an eye at anything, not even the snow sliding off the roof that was driving all the other horses nutty.

Seriously, we were amidst some chaos in the warm up ring, with horses refusing, people coming off, wheeling and shying at the snow sounds, and EZ was unperturbed.   I for sure lucked out.  I wasn't sure what to expect, having jumped him so rarely, and having never taken him to a show situation, but if there were any doubt I am now positive that I am in possession of a super star.

We did do our two little hunter classes, which is funny, just because neither of us are hunters, but luckily neither were most of our competitors and we got 3rd and 4th place, which means that EZ has some ribbons currently adorning his stall door.

No comments:

Post a Comment