Thursday, November 18, 2010

Millbrook School and Indian Pond Farm Unite!

Firstly, that title reflects how I may be spending too much time teaching the Communist Manifesto.  Anyway, do you want to hear why it's been so long since I've posted?  Probably not, but it involves chewed cords (I blame this character:),
                                                                                        and wind-storm-induced-power-outages.  No joke.  And laziness.


But anyway, last week was the final days of the fall riding program at school.  To celebrate they came to play with Donker.  And all the horses and stuff, but mostly Donker.

 Look at the joy he brings to the youth!



 Obviously, EZ Dollar was also a hit. 



 I believe in this case, she was teaching Donker to halt on command.  Very successful.


 We also took the opportunity of man (child)-labor to trim the goaties' hooves.  I felt like a farrier, "we'll call that one done."  Maybe that's only out west.  And those are "Be a goat!" faces. 


Notice my beaming delight at making the young ones do the dirty work.  It builds character!



 How cute is Donovan?  Please make note of his curly forelock, a result of his bur curlers he's so partial to.



 The herd.  They are all down in the lower pasture while the upper one gets water, electricity and a new barn!  Get psyched.



 This really captures all the work that I do.  Wrangle goats.  Kids.  Arabians.  Whatever you've got, I'll wrangle them.


 And then I'll feed the pig many, many treats because I think the kids will be really entertained by watching a pig eat.  Right?  Isn't that what they're into?



 Then I again try to take advantage of having helpless laborers to pick up sticks for me.  But there was a dead deer hanging from a tree, so staring at that obviously took precedence.



 As did pretending to drive the tractor.  Just pretending, I swear.  Notice the piddling stick collection.  Really, where's the work ethic today?



 And then there's the modeling.  This obvously is more important than picking up sticks too.  Not every day you get a tractor photo op.  Who can blame them?



 Tada!  I think the instructions on this one were, "Everybody get together, but not too close, so that it looks like you're working!"  If you notice me there in the corner, bending down, because I actually am the one working.  Oh well, you get what you pay for I guess when it comes to hired help.


So, bye for now, Millbrook riders!  I will only miss you a little bit. 

1 comment:

  1. I think that I should have braided EZ's forelock, he would have looked really good.

    ReplyDelete