Saturday, November 6, 2010

I haven't ridden for years

Ok, three days.  But it seems like years.  Very negligent parent.  Thursday was a surprise free day from school, which I thought would mean hours of horsey love, but the weather apparently was not a fan of that plan and poured down cold rain all day and night.  Ditto for yesterday, as well as dropping off cars and sleeping in dorm apartments (all very complicated).  Today was only a half day, nice and sunny, but I subbed for a JV Field Hockey coach whose bus left at 12:30 and didn't get back until 7pm.  Don't these people realize I have a horse to ride?!  When will I ever ride again?? Ok, tomorrow, you're right.  Keep your fingers crossed that the rain gods cooperate...

On Wednesday mom, Cathleen and I had our first group ride on our horses.  It was glorious.  And I've lost my camera, which means no photographic evidence and very boring posts.  I apologize.  But all horses and people were good, Donovan is a fattie, but a cute one.  Mom is a nervous Nellie, but a cute one.
 This isn't us on Wednesday.  That is definitely not EZ.  Nor is it summer time.  But it does represent a mother daughter ride, with Kristy the teaching whiz at Mole's Hill Farm.




But this is from Wednesday! Nope, psych.  Still not summer.  But it's Mama, on her Donovan!  He wasn't such a fattie at this point, but we still loved him.

And here's EZ, just to represent.  This is his "stop-trying-to-get-me-to-look-at-you face."  Also known as the "why-are-you-making-those-weird-noises" face.  He gives me this a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment